Get Ready With Me: Summer Chic




Hello Friends!

I am back. Sorry for being so so late! I've been going on a bunch of little adventures with my friend before going to college so I didn't get the chance to post something for all of you. It has been a long time since I posted a Get Ready With Me so here is my latest look.

Summer is one of my favorite seasons when it comes to fashion. We get to show a little skin and opt for light and flowy clothes! What's not to love about a fun summer outfit? My go-to apparel this summer is maxi dresses. They provide adequate coverage, keep you cool, and give you some movement. Here is my latest look embracing what it means to be chic this summer!


The Outfit:
I am currently wearing a blue maxi dress with a slight v neck. This dress is extremely comfortable and has a little stretch. So, if you're about to go out on a little lunch date, this dress is not suffocating like most dresses are. The light blue color adds a cool tone to the look. And if you're a lazy gal like me who doesn't like to shave her legs all of the time, a maxi dress is a go to to cover those legs haha


Makeup:
For Makeup, I decided to go for the no makeup makeup look. Pop on just a little bit of blush (Iluminoso by Milani) for some color, highlight (Mary Loumanizer by The Balm) for a subtle glow, and tinted balm (Rose Lip Therapy by Vaseline) for a colorful pout. I will do an up-close tutorial for you to see soon!


Nails:
I went with a nude pink nail color that goes perfectly with any outfit. Nudes are all the rage right now and they are the best way to add a subtle pop of color to your look.

Accessories:
I'm wearing a floppy sun hat for some shade from the sun. Sun hats are super cute and it really completes the look with the maxi dress. My sun hat has a sash that ties in the back which adds an additional pop of color to the traditional tan colored sun hat. Try out some vibrant hats and accessories to complete the look. Because the neckline of this dress is a slight v, I decided to go with a statement necklace to tie the look together. The complexity of the necklace compliments the solid blue dress. My fashion tip for accessorizing a solid maxi dress is to pick accessories that add more complexity and pattern to the look.


Bonus photo!!! This is what happens when your photographer just starts shooting at random lol

Let me know what you think about this post? Do you like the pictures? I've been trying to shoot outside more often and it seems to have produced a lot of good pictures. Even though it's a little bit out of my comfort zone to shoot in public areas (lol), I really like how the photos came out. I'm still trying to learn how to shoot in natural light, but I'll get used to it. Some of the pictures are a little grainier than I like, but it's progress! More posts coming soon xoxo

Good Luck,
Emily


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top