Get Ready With Me: Formal Holiday Party



Hello my beauties! It's been a while. But I'm back and trust me there is a lot of stuff I have got to say. The holidays are finally here. Can I just tell you how absolutely excited I am? It's going to be awesome. And I'm going to bombard you with a ton of posts that it will be overwhelming.

But first... I want to say something. THANK YOU FOR THE 1K VIEWS!!! Woop woop. I am so honored and beyond excited for what I have planned next. Thank you so much for all of the love and support and for reading my posts. I guess it's suitable that this post is for a party. ;) I wish you guys could be celebrating with me. *Cyber hug*

Okay. Let's get back to business.

When the holidays are here, there are a lot of Holiday Parties I'm invited to. Sometimes, it's a casual girls night out with a few of my old friends while others are elaborate and more formal dinner parties.Whatever it is, I'm going to show you how to get ready for events like these from head to toe. :)

Tonight we're going to transform the girl with the hello kitty bathrobe into a fabulously classy guest. Let's get started.
#modelstatus

Makeup:
Products I used:
Este Lauder Sumptuous Mascara
Este Lauder Truffle 06 Pallete
Clinique Lipstick/Lipgloss 18 Mystic
Bronze Eyeshadow Stick
Sephora Glitter Liner/Mascara
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Liquid and Powder Foundation
Graphic Pen Eyeliner

1. First, start with a simple and flawless canvas. In order to do this, I used my fingers to apply on liquid foundation on any blemishes and dusted it lightly with mineral makeup for a matte finish.
2. Using my eyeshadow pallete, I'm starting with the warm browns and golds section. First, I'm placing a bright eyeshadow into the inner corners of my eye to attract light to the area for a highlight. Then as a base, I'm using a bronze eyeshadow stick to cover the entire eye for the eyeshadow to cling on to. Then taking my gold eyeshadow, I'm covering my entire eyelid. For the brown eyeshadow, I place it onto my crease and the outer corner of my eyelid while also sweeping it down to the lower lashline of the eye to make the look more sophisticated and add some dimension. Blend, blend, blend until everything comes together. Something about gold and warm colors just seems to hit that soft holiday spot in my heart.
3. I lined my eyes with a simple wing. Use a pen-like eyeliner for better precision. This is optional, but I went over my eyes with Sephora's glitter liner to "brighten" up the look a little. :)
4. Next, I curled my lashes. Use mascara for thicker and fuller lashes to add more volume and open up the eyes.
5. Add blush on to the cheeks for a natural flush and pop of color.
6. Lastly, use a dark berry lipstick for a dramatic, classy, pouty lip. To ensure that it lasts all night, take a tissue to blot it so that it sticks to your lip. Don't forget to add some lip gloss for that extra shine!

Nails:
I'm wearing the Kleancolor "Red" (a gift from Jasmineee) which is a bright red nail polish.

Hair:
For hair styling, I loosely curled my hair with my curling iron to add more volume. To make my curls seem a little more natural, I pulled the ends of my curls to add a small bounce to it. Something about curls makes the look so much more classier. Pin the hair to back of the head and sweep the rest to the side. Quick and easy! :)



Outift:
For this party, I'm wearing a long black dress that's fitted at the top and flared out at the bottom. A black dress is important to have in your wardrobe because it is the most classic piece of all time. Long dresses are great for elongating the shape of your body for a slimmer and taller look. The back of this dress is made of black lace. Since I recently had a spinal surgery, this dress was great to cover my long 14 inch scar. It's super simplistic, but so elegant at the same time. Perfection! :)


Accessories:
Because I'm a guest at a holiday party, I suggest bringing a small purse or clutch for your phone and some money. My purse is a small metallic crossover bag with chain-like detailing. For other accessories, I am wearing a ring and a sparkly necklace and bracelet. It never hurts to add a little bling bling. :) To add a couple more inches to my height, I'm wearing some silver high heels from Nine West.

That's about it! Make sure to check out my last post where I show you how I prepare for a beach hangout with some of my closest friends. It'll be awesome.

Also, Happy New Year. <3 xoxo

Good Luck,
Em


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top