Falling in Style: DIY Flower Child



Halloween is coming this week. And let's just say I am never prepared for this holiday. What can I say? Procrastination gets the best of me. 

Costumes are usually priced at $50 for a full set. To me, that's super pricey. After all, costumes are only worn once so why should I splurge on something I won't be wearing after one day? I decided that it would only make sense if I tried to put mine together with things I already had. So I'm going to show you how to be a flower child with items already in your closet!




It's another send me back Sunday. But this time to the 60's. The 60's featured a number of diverse fashion trends. One of my favorites is a flower child. A flower child originated from the word for hippy by spreading flowers that resembled peace and love. The coolest part of it is that this style is still sticking around! 

I have 2 variations to this costume. I love this costume mostly because it's super versatile. You can wear anything you want and you will still manage to pull it off! A flower child typically has a boho chic style. Luckily, it is still a MAJOR fashion trend today. At Coachella, you can definitely see people rocking that flower child style! 

For the first look, I wore a pink floral romper from Forever 21. My romper is semi-sheer and flowy with a bright floral print. It screams floral which is perfect for this look. 

For the second look, I wore a long maxi dress with a somewhat traditional style that I found when I was thrifting for some ideas for this Halloween. The dress was relatively inexpensive. It has a lot of movement to it which I personally love. 

Both of these require some sandals, sunglasses, and a flower crown to really embrace this boho chic style. I made my own flower crown with a few simple materials. 


Here are the materials you will need:
Hot glue gun
Pliers
Lots of Flowers
Floral wire
Floral Stem

I bent the stem and the floral wire to make one secure circlet. After that I took all of the flowers and glued them onto the circlet one by one. Then you have your own one-of-a-kind flower crown. Super easy!



That's it! I hope you try out this costume. It's time to get your hippy on. Keep peacing everywhere you go to really show off your costume. Help me out here. Which style is your favorite? Comment below! I can't wait to show off my costume this Halloween. The coolest part about this costume is that you can even wear it at any point in time because it's still appropriate for any situation. It's super casual and laid back. I hope you recreate or get inspired by this costume. Until next time!

Good Luck,
Em


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top