On to the Twenties

Can you believe it? I'm twenty! The world has been blessed by my presence for two full decades. Jokes aside, I am still getting used to the idea that I am no longer a teenager. Adulthood is getting more and more surreal (unfortunately).
Nevertheless, I am looking forward to this new decade. I have a good feeling about it.

For my twentieth birthday, I wanted to start it in the most stylish way possible -- a photoshoot with my close friends. I wanted to keep it low-key. But my twentieth birthday ended up being stretched to a full week of festivities. I ended up celebrating my birthday 4 times! The first was with my middle school friends at Balboa Park. The second was with my immediate family at BJs. *The third was with my brother and his friends at home. And the last celebration was a surprise party at my friend's house with my high school friends.
Today I am going to do the breakdown of my twentieth birthday look at Balboa Park:

The jumpsuit that I wore was from Charlotte Russe. I am obsessed with the turquoise hue and floral print. They contrast with each other so well. And can you believe I swiped it for $10?! What a steal!
This jumpsuit is a little different from pieces that I typically choose from my wardrobe because of the deep v cut and open back. I am not usually the type to show off a lot of skin, but sometimes you gotta spice it up a little. I wasn't sure if I would want to go braless with pasties or wear a bralette. I'm glad that I opted for the bralette route. The bralette gave me some extra coverage and prevented any potential wardrobe malfunctions from happening! I got my lacy bralette from Victoria Secret.
As for accessories, I wore my dangly silver drop earrings from Icing. Since we were doing a little adventuring, I opted to pair my look with a small Calvin Klein backpack instead of a purse. It's functional and super cute. I wear this backpack everywhere I go because it can fit a lot of my personal belongings, and it is easier on my back. For shoes, I wore these lace up faux suede heels. They are super cute. The heels add an additional touch of flirty fun to the whole look.
For makeup, I tried to amp up my natural look. I rocked a berry pink lip, a touch of highlighter on the cheeks, some eyelash lengthening mascara, and a peachy pink shimmer shadow to amp up my look. Usually, I go light on the makeup, but I have been having issues with hormonal acne flareups lately. So, I opted to go a little heavier on the makeup. Go big or go home, I guess! Also, I curled my hair with a 1 inch wand for some extra volume! Seeing that it is my 20th birthday, I wanted to switch up my look and look extra special :)





Stop and smell the roses!
Hanging out with my friends in Balboa was loads of fun. I definitely recommend getting gelato at Little Italy if you're looking to end your fun day of adventuring in Downtown SD on a sweet note! Hopefully, I will try to post more content if I can. Until next time!

Good Luck,
Em

*Fun Fact: I share the same exact birthday as my brother even though we are two years apart!

Here's a couple of goofy photos of me to complete this post! Hopefully my future S.O. never comes across this blog LOL (It's no wonder that I'm still single haha)

"Emily, try to be sexy" I don't think I understand what that means LOL

Waiting impatiently for the best gelato in SD


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top