Girl Next Door Makeup and Hair

I promised that I would be back :) This weekend has really inspired me to kick my blogging hobbies in to full gear. Today, I decided to experiment with a good girl look: simple makeup and faux bangs. Let's hop into the tutorial.

Step 1. To keep my skin refreshed, I put on a collagen mask. The serum from this face mask is great for moisturizing and prepping your skin for a fresh application of makeup. Pat the serum onto the skin once you remove the mask.
Step 2. Then, I am taking a CC cushion by Missha and putting that all over my face. This is perfect to use for bright dewy skin.
Step 3. Using the Glo Up tutorial, highlight the face. I like using a strobing technique instead of contour because I find that accentuating the parts of your face that is there is better than "carving" them out. Add some blush for a pop of color.
Step 4. Taking a taupe brown eyeshadow from the Milani palette, I am placing that onto my crease. This is to add some depth and dimension to the eye. Using a Revlon cream eyeshadow quad, I am using the shimmery peach cream shadow and patting it onto my lid with my ring finger. For lashes, I am using the Benefit "They're Real" mascara. This has got to be one of my favorite mascaras that I own. It's natural and makes your lashes look so so long!
Step 5. Lastly, add a nude pink lip. I am patting the Julianne's Nude lipstick from Loreal onto my lips. This provides a feathered and soft pigmented lip. This color is perfect for a Barbie sort of look.

This makeup look is perfect to rock on a casual day. It's minimal and super cute. Boys are sure to swoon. ;)
Now... let's move on to the hair. I am too afraid to make a commitment to cut bangs, but that doesn't mean that I can't rock them. As hard as it looks, achieving faux bangs is actually quite easy. This look does require long hair. If your hair is relatively short, it is going to be more difficult to recreate this hairstyle.

Step 1. Tie your hair up into a high ponytail.
Step 2. Take strands from the ponytail and place it to the front of the head to create the faux bangs.
Step 3. Hold the hair you sectioned off in the front to keep it in place. Twist the remaining hair in the ponytail to create a bun. Tie it into a bun.
Step 4. Use a headband to keep the faux bangs into place. Begin styling the bangs until you like the way it looks. I had long strands on the sides of my head to frame the face. To have it curled in, I used a flat iron. Mess with the bangs for a little bit until you create the desired look.
That is it! Now you are the girl next door. Let me know if you try out this look! I am still debating on whether or not I should make the chop and get myself some bangs. If you are ever unsure about getting bangs, I suggest that you try out this hairstyle to see if it is the right look for you. :)




Good Luck,
Em

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top