Get Ready With Me: Prom


Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed about what it would be like to go to prom. I feel like a girl has her chance at two fairytale moments: her prom and her wedding. Those have always been the two events that bring out those major princessy vibes. I started a wedding board and prom board as soon as I started Pinterest and it's crazy to think that I have finally checked prom off of my list.

Today, I will be taking you through all of the things that I did to get ready for my prom. Let's get started!


Makeup: For makeup, I went with a soft pink romantic look because it was very fitting with my dress. While prom is usually the dance where you go super glam, I decided a more soft, natural look would suit me the best.
1. Begin by prepping your skin. I usually put on a face mask and tap the leftover serum all over my face. Afterwards, I put on some primer to make sure that my face makeup lasts all night. Dances like these makes you sweat your makeup off pretty easily so primer is a must. The primer I use is Revlon Photoready primer. It makes my skin so soft and smooth.
2. Use a pea sized amount of foundation and blend it with a beauty blender. I am using the color natural beige No.7 foundation. The day before prom, I went to Ulta to pick up a foundation. One of their beauty consultants color matched me with No.7 foundation and I fell in love. It's light/medium coverage and gives a very natural glow!
3. For the undereye circles, I am using Revlon's photoready concealer stick. Draw v shapes and blend it out with your beauty blender. Set the eyes with a loose transluscent powder. This is supposed to prevent any creasing. Do not bake the undereye area. Although many beauty gurus use this method to set the undereye area, the powder dries out the natural oils of the skin under your eyes. The undereye area is a very delicate patch of skin on the face, so I would suggest lightly setting the eyes with loose powder.
4. Strobe your face using a highlighter. The highlighter I use is the Mary Loumanizer by the Balm. It is the best. Refer to my previous tutorial called Glo Up to learn more about the critical points to highlight the face. Because you want a subtle glow, after applying highlighter, make sure to blend it for a flawless finish using your beauty blender.
5. For the apples of my cheeks, I will be using my Milani baked blush in the color Luminoso. It's a beautiful peach color which is ideal for this spring dance.
6. Now, for the eyes, I will start by applying my urban decay primer all over the lid. We want the best color payoff.
7. I am using a pale pink matte eyeshadow called Push Up by Nyx and sweeping that all over my lid as a flat shadow brush.
8. To create a more dimensional eye look, I am taking the color Exotic (matte dark purple) by Nyx and blending it into my crease and lower lashline.
9. Then, I am taking Ruffle Trim by Nyx (shimmery red shade) and placing it on the inner and outer corners of the eyelid and I blended it in. I also swept some of the remaining shadow on the brush to my lower lashline as well.
10. To brighten my eyes, I took Revlon Illuminance crème shadow "Not Just Nudes" palette and used the lightest shade to place it on the center of my lid. Use your fingers for the best color pay off. Blend the shadows together so that they don't look harsh.
11. To line my eyes, I am using a angled liner brush and taking the color exotic to line the lashline. I wanted this look to be soft so I opted out of a dramatic winged liner.
11. Afterwards, curl your lashes and apply a generous coat of Benefit They're Real mascara to the bottom lashes and Too Faced Better than Sex mascara on the upper lashes. I like Benefit's mascara for the lower lashes because it gives a very natural look and makes your lashes look more existent. As for the upper lashes, I opted for Too Faced Better than Sex mascara because they give a more dramatic look.
12. After the lashes are curled, I am using the Ardell Individual lashes and Duo Lash Glue to adhere fake lashes on the outer corner of my eyes. I decided to go with individual lashes for a softer and natural look.
13. Lastly, for lipstick, I used the Nyx Lingerie Bedtime Flirt Lingerie Liquid Lipstick. This lipstick is a natural pinky nude which really completes the look.


Nails: Like fall formal, I opted for French style nails. I think they are the classiest nail style you can go for.

Hair: For hair, I decided on doing a half up and half down look. I will probably post a hair tutorial soon. I curled my hair with a 1.5 inch curling wand for some soft curls. To keep this look all night, I sprayed a light coat of hairspray all over my hair.


Outfit: My wardrobe consists of white and black clothes. It is no surprise that I decided to wear a white dress to the prom. I bought this white prom dress at Windsor. It's not super dramatic or revealing which is the reason why I fell in love with this dress. The rhinestone detailing on the belt is so beautiful and this dress definitely makes you sparkle on the dancefloor. It definitely does have that princessy feel that I was looking for and I knew that this was the dress I wanted as soon as I put it on. My tip for you when it comes to prom is to not stress too much when you are looking for a dress. Prom is supposed to be a night filled with amazing memories with your friends, not a night to stress about whether or not you look your best. At the end of the day, you have memories to look back on. Your dress isn't going to matter too much so don't think you need to spend a fortune on just one night.


Accessories: I went to prom with the same silver embellished heels I wore to formal. They were pretty comfortable and I lasted most of the night in those shoes. For earrings, I got dangly silver ones at Icing. They were perfect for the occasion. My clutch that I brought to prom was from Charming Charlie. I bought it in the clearance section a while back. The store is IDEAL for finding bags of all different colors. Lastly, I wore a silver rhinestone choker which really completed this look.

The photos in these posts are taken by my best friend. She really knows how to work a camera and make me not look like a potato.


Before I end this post, I want to offer a couple of tips to all of the gals that are going.

1. Do not stress about getting a date. What you want to have at prom is a good time with the people that you care about. Don't settle for anything less than that. Settling for a guy you don't want to spend your time with is no fun. Going with your friends is always an option. It is not mandatory to get a date.
2. Take advantage of the time you get to dance. Remember, senior prom is the last high school dance you get to go to. Make these moments last.
3. Have fun! Whether you are going in a limo or riding in your friends car, enjoy the times you have. The ride home after prom was fun. Make every minute count.
4. Lastly, be safe. If there is somebody who is drinking or doing something they shouldn't be doing, report them. They are a danger to themselves and others. Don't be the person who wishes they could've prevented something. Be the person who did prevent it.


I hope you enjoy this look! Maybe you can recreate it at your prom? I promise more posts will come soon. Summer break is coming and I have a lot of ideas for this blog so stay tuned!

Good luck,
Em




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top