New Year's Kisses: Bold Lip Makeup Look


Hello Friends!

I'M BACK. College has been so hectic that I have not had the chance to shoot or write posts. I really do enjoy blogging, but it takes a lot of work and time. I definitely need to carve some content out for this blog. I feel bad for neglecting it.

Today I am going to show you this lovely make up look that is perfect for the Holidays and that New Year's Eve Kiss (if you have a bae). I love wearing fun statement makeup looks and New Year's Eve is the perfect excuse to pop on a bold lip.

Let's get started!


1. Start by prepping your skin with a moisturizer. My recent favorite is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Apply this all over the skin for instant hydration and a smooth canvas.
2. On top of the moisturizer, I will be patting some Rosehip Oil onto my skin as well. Warm it up with the palms of your hand and press it onto your skin in a gentle patting motion. Rosehip oil is an amazing natural skincare product that produces an inner glow for your skin. Don't worry, this is a dry oil so it won't make you look super shiny!
2. For face makeup, I will be using the Laneige BB Cushion. This BB cushion provides light to medium coverage, evens out my skintone, and brightens the skin. Taking the Revlon Photoready Makeup Concealer Stick in 003 Light Medium, I applied the product on my dark circles and blemishes. After applying concealer to the desired areas, spray some Mario Badescu Facial Spray. This spray will make the concealer easier to blend and give your skin a dewy finish. Blend the concealer into the skin using a Real Techniques Sponge.
3. To enhance the natural features of the face, using my Glo Up tutorial, apply highlighter in the instructed areas. I use The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.
4. After applying highlighter, add a pop of color using blush. I am using the Too Faced Love Flush Blush in the shade "Your Love is King." This matte long-lasting 16-hour blush will keep your cheeks looking flushed all night long.
6. Use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray and spray the face. To minimize the intensity of the face makeup that is applied, blend everything out with a Real Techniques Sponge. This will help the face makeup look more natural and provide a dewy finish.
7. For the eye makeup, I am using the Buff Collection Eyeshadow Palette to create the look. This is a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. As a base, I am using a matte light pink shade called Quartz. Then, taking the Dune (light taupe) color, I am adding some definition and shape to the eyes. I use a crease brush to build the color and create some depth in the eyes. Add some more definition to the eyes by building upon the crease using a deeper taupe color such as Clay on the outer V. Bring this deep taupe shade down to your lower lashline for a seamless look. For the outer corner of the eye, I am using a shimmery dark pink shade called Mohave to add a subtle pop of color. Make sure to blend, blend, blend!
8. Curl your lashes from the root of the lash to the tip. This will give a very realistic and flattering curl. Finish the lashes with some mascara for extra volume and length. I am using Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara in 01 Jumbo Jet. This mascara instantly adds volume and looks very natural. It is pretty comparable to the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara.
9. Line the lips before applying the bold lipstick. I am using the Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in Red.
10. After applying the lipliner, we can move onto the best part. The lipstick! I chose to wear this bright red lipstick called Love by Revlon's UltraHD Matte Lipcolor. This is a super comfortable liquid lipstick to wear, but it's not kiss proof! If you don't want it to transfer, blot it with a tissue paper.





As you can see, I am very excited for 2018 to start :D
I hope you guys like this makeup look. I hope you gets lots of kisses this New Year's Eve! There are more posts coming your way! Stay tuned ;)


Good Luck,
Emily


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top