Falling in Style: Fall Booties






'Tis the season for boots. It is obvious that boots are the number one fall essential to have in your wardrobe. If I were to chose one accessory to take with me anywhere, it would be my boots. Lately I have been neglecting the Style part of this blog mostly because fashion isn't really my forte. I am not a beauty guru, but I do have certain interests for various articles of clothing. Unlike many girls who are obsessed with rompers and skirts, I find myself leaning towards the sweaters and scarves. 

That's why fall is my favorite season. I finally have a good excuse to wear my boots. My friend and I were discussing about what every girl should at least have in their wardrobe. The list was lengthy but both of us knew that we could not live in a world without a pair of boots. Boots are very versatile and comfortable to wear which makes it one of the top essentials for your fall wardrobe. 

There are 3 types of boots that everyone should own. The ankle-high boots, combat boots, and knee-high boots. I'm going to show you some tips and tricks on how to style your clothing for a fashionable look with boots. 

The ankle-high boots are chic and simple. It looks great when paired with your favorite skinny jeans or some leggings. I like to slip these on because it gives a few extra inches on the heel. 
Style #1: Sometimes jeans and leggings don't fit all the way to the ankle. Tuck in your jeans/leggings into the shoe. This helps create a long, lean line and elongates the legs.
Style #2: I find it hard trying to find an outfit that can pull off cuffed jeans. These booties are a fashion miracle because they are perfect when paired with cuffed jeans. Somehow ankle-high boots manage to pull off the look. Just roll up your jeans and throw on a simple t-shirt for a casual look. 
Style #3: Wear any dress that is flattering to your figure and gives you a longer shape. Maxi dresses are not the type of dress to aim for with these boots because they don't look well together. Try aiming for a dress that is above the knee. The dress with these booties are super cute and compliment each other very well.


Combat boots are trendy right now. If you have seen me around, combat boots are the one shoe that I wear the most often because of the fact that it pairs well with almost anything. They are super comfortable and I can walk around in them all day. I love the fact that you can transform yourself with these boots. They are a staple item that is necessary for your collection. 
Style #1: Go for a dressy look. Wear a dress and throw a blazer on top for a professional look. The dress I wore for this style is hugged tightly onto my body like a pencil skirt. I think it makes me look a little intimidating and powerful, not like a teenage girl. :) It's always fun to play dress-up!
Style #2: Stay cozy. Pair a sweater, leggings, and a scarf for a snug style. It is fall and usually it becomes a little colder during this season. There is no reason for you to sacrifice style during the winter season to stay warmer. Infinity scarves and a simple sweater is great for keeping you warm and fashionable. 
Style #3: Pay tribute to the 90's. Somehow, combat boots just remind me of all things grunge. Throw on a leather jacket with a simple graphic top for a good girl gone bad look. 

Knee-Length boots are one of the hardest boots to pull off. Mostly because it's difficult to find the right type of boot. The boots should usually hug tightly around your calf. Because of my small frame, these boots are the best for elongating my legs. Knowing the right way to style certain outfits is the best way to get the most out of your clothes. 
Style #1: Wear a coat with your knee-high boots. After all, this is fall and it's time to start getting cozy. Coats are by far one of the most stylish fall clothes out there. 
Style #2: Booties with a casual dress and a military-style jacket is perfect for an effortless look. It's about time we get a little bit dressy. Try finding a dress that is above the knee to create an illusion of long and slim legs.
Style #3: Show a little skin! It doesn't hurt to wear shorts or a skater skirt. I know firsthand, that shorts are the best for a hot fall day. Boots are perfect for any weather. 

I hope these tips and tricks will help you with picking out some outfits this season. I can't wait to trade in my shorts for some sweaters!!!I'm still waiting for California to get a little more chilly, but we are almost there. :)  Everyone has their own taste in fashion, so let your fashion sense shine!


Good Luck,
Em
My Booties: 
Knee-High Boots: Croft & Barrow
Combat Boots: Sonoma
Ankle High Boots: Croft & Barrow

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top