Get Ready With Me: Fall Formal

 Hey Guys!

Sorry for being so MIA. I know that I haven't been the best at being consistent. My camera's battery charger is lost and I am in the process of ordering a new one. However, that is not going to stop me from me from posting something for you all.

Our school had a fall formal dance recently. Although I do not have a lot of close ups of my outfit and dress alone, I do have some photos of me and my friends (who was also my date) for fall formal. I will take you step-by-step on all of the details that were put into my look for this dance. Let's get started!

Makeup:
I rarely ever do wear makeup, so I definitely decided to go for a bolder look at fall formal that I would not wear on a casual day. Today I will show you how I created this soft smoky eye.

1. Begin by prepping your skin. Use a primer or moisturizer to keep your skin smooth and ready for face makeup.
2. Use a small dollop of foundation all over your face. For picture taking purposes, avoid foundation with SPF because it will create a white cast with flash photography. I used my real techniques beauty blender to achieve an airbrush effect.
3. Now for the under eye circles. To brighten the under eye area, use a lighter foundation/concealer to pat it in. Since your under eye area is very susceptible to creasing. Set the under eye area with some loose light powder.
4. Highlight the high points of your face. Refer to my Glow Up post where I show you how to properly highlight the face. This will add some more dimension and bring attention to certain parts of the face.
5. Now, for the eyes. Start by taking a pale light pink matte eyeshadow and sweep that all over the lid. This will be the base color.
6. Then, using a dark navy blue eye shadow, create a v shape on the outer corner of the eye. Continue the v shape along the crease for a sharp defined look. This will add depth to the crease.
7. With a blending brush, soften the dark navy eyeshadow so that it is blended completely. This will create an ombre effect from dark blue to light pink.
8. For a transition shade, use a dark purple eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye and drag it down to the lower lashline. This is so that the smoky effect is continuous throughout the eye look.
9. Taking a bright shimmery light pink eyeshadow, pack it into the middle of the lid. This will open up the eyes and add some definition. Blend the dark purple and navy eyeshadow back to the shimmery eyeshadow so that it is one continuous color.
10. Using a highlighting shade, place a bit of the eyeshadow in the corner of the eye. This will instantly brighten the eye area.
11. Curl your lashes. Apply a generous coat of mascara for a dramatic effect.
12. Redefine your eyebrows. Since my eyebrows are naturally very full, I just brushed it with a spooly brush to acquire the shape that I wanted to achieve.
13. Sweep some blush onto the apples of your cheeks.
14. Apply a berry red lipstick for an instant pop of color!


Nails:
I had my nails done in the french style.

Hair:
For hair, I decided to keep things simple. Updos have never been my thing and I like to keep my hair flowing when I dance. I used a 1.5 inch curling wand to create some soft curls. Use a hairspray that adds some flexibility to your hair. You want to give volume to your hair, but not make it stiff. A light coat of hairspray should help your freshly curled hair last all night.

Outfit:
For a clean and classy look, I gravitated towards purchasing a black dress. Something about black dresses really makes my heart flutter. It is a timeless piece that can be worn multiple times. This dress is a tight fitting dress that does a great job at accentuating the figure. The dress has deep v neck as well as some mesh along the waistline that adds an interesting factor to an otherwise basic dress. It also has a slit going through the dress for an extra flare. I thought this dress was definitely one of a kind because it took something very simple to the next level!

Accessories:
For my shoes, I went with these embellished silver heels. They were fairly comfortable because I lasted the entire 3 hours dancing with it on until it became unbearable. That is definitely a record for heels though because they are usually taken off within the first hour. I also had this beautiful clutch with embellishments along the sides of it. The silver and white colors matched my black dress since they corresponded in color. As for jewelry, I work a silver choker and some dangly silver earrings.

I hope this inspires you and gives you some ideas for your upcoming formal. My last high school formal was loads of fun. Let me know if you would like more posts like these on how to look super GLAM at a dance. Always slaying!

Here are some pictures that were taken prior to the dance (Shoutout to Wil's parents for taking these amazing photos):
My Beautiful Best Friends (Blessed that they can deal with my silliness)

Dance would not be complete without a dabbing photo
Trying not to stab him with a pin ;)
Good Luck,
Emily

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top