Valentine's At-Home-Spa Day (Treat Yo' Self)

Happy Valentine's Day! Or Single Awareness Day... #foreveralone
Since I don't have a bae to snuggle with, I think it's a good idea to have my own at home spa day.* A girl should dedicate some time to treat herself to a pampering day. I don't usually pamper myself often, but it's always a good idea to take a break from life and relax. After discovering a lot of things about people this year, it's good to take a break from drama and life. Here are a list of a few products and essentials that I use for the perfect Spa Day.


Before My Bath:


1. Setting the mood

Pick some candles to snuggle up with you too in the bath. I have a wide selection of Bath and Body Works Candles, but my favorite is Citron Cedarwood. This scent has hints of cedar and fresh citrus. It's light, refreshing, and soothes the atmosphere. Candles are an absolute essential to setting the mood for your pamper evening.

Food:

1. Fruit-infused-water

Water infused with fruits help with detoxification, energy, and hydration. My favorite infused water is Blueberries and Orange. It gives you healthier skin and helps clean free radicals out of your system. Add a cup of water and as much fruit as you'd like. Leave the drink out for 30 minutes for it to completely infuse. And then enjoy!

2. Snacks

Treat yourself to some chocolates. You might not have gotten it from a bae, but who doesn't love chocolates? Just in case you get hungry, you should always have some food nearby. 

3. Coconut Mocha Frappuccino
Starbucks is life. Now I know that it has been labeled the "white girl drink". But who gives a f? Their menu is on point. ALL the time. The first time I ever took a sip of this drink, I was in love. However, it's now one of those discontinued drinks that they no longer sell. I created a version of this drink on my own and it tastes just like the real thing. A post on this recipe will be up this weekend for you to re-create. 

My Ultimate Bath Mixture:

1. Bubble Bath

Bubbles are absolutely fun to play with in the tub. It's like a soft pillowy cushion floating on the water. I use Lila Grace Hydrangea and Peony Scented Bubble Bath. Pour a few tablespoons underneath the running water and let the fun begin!

2. Bath Salts

If you haven't seen my first post on my blog, you're missing out. I show you how to make your own bath salts. It's very fragrant and great to relieve any stress you may have. Aromatherapy is amazing for helping you out by elevating your mood. 

3. Epsom Salts

I add about a cup of epsom salt into my bath. Epsom salt is absolutely essential for relieving any muscle aches. This stuff was super helpful for when I had terrible back pains. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases levels of adrenaline. When dissolved in warm water, Epsom salt is absorbed through the skin and replenishes the level of magnesium in the body. The magnesium helps to produce serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of calm and relaxation.

During My Bath (Products I have on):


1. My Hair Lightening Treatment

I have been trying to lighten my hair using a natural recipe. I applied my lightening treatment onto my hair so I could get it to lightly bleach it. Since my treatment contains olive oil, it also leaves my hair very soft and shiny. Make sure to check out the recipe. It's coming soon. Wash off the treatment once it dries for an hour.

2. Face Mask

I use a total of 2 masks during my spa treatment. The first one is my Noevir Quick Recovery Mask. It helps gently exfoliate and remove any impurities on my skin. The second one I use is my Freeman Beauty Avocado Oatmel Facial Clay Mask. This mask helps draw out all of the dirt and oil in my pores which leaves me with clear and clean skin.

3. Scrubs

Scrubs are very important to help gently exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells. I use the LilaGrace Body Scrub. For my face, typically, we use a less coarse scrub. I like using the Infinite Aloe Scrub because it's very gentle on the skin.

4. Cleansers

To clean off all the impurities in my face. I use Neutrogena Facial Cleanser to gently wash off the clay masks.  It removes excess oil and then rinses clean--without leaving any pore-clogging residue. This helps prevent any blemishes from forming.

5. DIY pore strips
I made my own gelatin pore strips. These leave you with better, clean-looking skin. It deep cleans your pores and leaves you feeling so refreshed. Add 1 tsp of gelatin and 1 tsp of milk. Microwave for one minute and apply immediately. I like to add a few drops of essential oil because that stuff really stinks! The pore strips should dry completely in about 20 minutes. Peel them off and apply your toners and moisturizers for more prominent results. 

Entertainment:

1. iPad

When I'm in my bath I typically like using my iPad to watch different shows like Pretty Little Liars. It's important to keep yourself entertained. Netflix is definitely a bae I'd like to snuggle with today. There are a variety of shows for you to stream and watch. It's pretty amazing. ;)

2. Books

It's always a good idea to start reading some books. My english teacher has been pushing us to read books. Did you know books help you with your IQ? Cool, huh? Another alternative is using the app audible which is a great way to listen to your books. Having books and iPads in the water are potentially dangerous so placing them on the side of your bathtub is a great way of preventing them from any water damage. No idea on what to read? Check out the app Good Reads. It's a perfect way to find recommendation for genres you particularly find interest in. 

3. Music

My favorite app right now is Spotify. You can either use it for free with the exception of ads or sign up for premium. I love the playlists that they have collaborated on to put music together. My favorite playlist for days like these is the "Hanging Out and Relaxing". It's absolutely perfect.

After the bath:


1. Rinse

I like to rinse off all of my products in the shower afterwards. Especially the hair lightening treatment. 

2. Moisturize

Since California gets especially dry during this season. It's especially important to moisturize to prevent any flaking of the skin. After applying all of those masks, all of the impurities are drawn out leaving me with REALLY dry skin. So the solution to this is using my favorite hydrating facial lotion by Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer. It's specifically for dry and combination oily skin which works for my case. A little of this stuff goes a long way. For body lotion, I love using the Capri Seaside Citrus which smells absolutely amazing.

3. Toners and Clarifying Lotions

I use Neutrogena's Pore Refining Toner to minimize my pores. Although my pores are pretty much microscopic, it's important your pores close so that dirt doesn't seep into the skin causing the blemishes. I also use my Clarifying Lotion by Clinique.  It sweeps away dulling flakes and excess oil that can lead to breakouts. And it preps skin to be more receptive to hydration.

3. Nails

Paint your nails! You might not have time on weekdays, but today is the perfect opportunity to do so. Since it's valentine's day, I wearing a pink nail polish called Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot by OPI.

You don't need to focus on a man tonight. Tonight is perfect for me-time. Plus, nothing beats a day dedicated to all things that make you AMAZING. If a guy doesn't see that, he is truly missing out. Lots of hugs and kisses to you all!!!



Good Luck,
Emily

*I shot all of these photos in a bandeau bikini LOL. It would be very inappropriate if I didn't, so do not be alarmed. XD Also, this was taken prior to Valentine's day (obviously). But.... this is exactly how I'm planning on spending it. :)


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top