Havana Inspired Makeup


Hola!

Camila Cabello has become one of my favorite artists lately and I am a huge fan of her new song Havana. It's such a fun song to dance to! After obtaining a wine lipstick shade from Sephora, I had to create a fun look for the blog that would showcase how to rock a bold set of lips. With the new song Havana and my newly acquired lipstick, I put this hot summer look together. I hope you guys like it. :) Let's get started on this Havana Inspired Makeup Look!




1. Start by prepping your skin with a moisturizer or primer. My recent favorite is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Apply this all over the skin for instant hydration and a smooth canvas.
2. For makeup looks on the blog, I have stopped reaching for foundation. Foundation is heavy on my skin and I don't like the way it feels. Concealer is now my best friend! Taking the Revlon Photoready Makeup Concealer Stick in 003 Light Medium, I applied the product on my dark circles and blemishes. After applying concealer to the desired areas, spray some Mario Badescu Facial Spray. This spray will make the concealer easier to blend and give your skin a dewy finish. Blend the concealer into the skin using a Real Techniques Sponge.
3. To contour and define the face, use Benefit Hoola Bronzer along the cheekbones, jawline, and temples. Chisel out the cheekbones using the brush provided with the bronzer.
4. To enhance the natural features of the face, using my Glo Up tutorial, apply highlighter in the instructed areas. I use The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.
5. After applying highlighter, add a pop of color using blush. I am using the Milani Baked Blush in Illuminoso.
6. Use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray and spray the face. To minimize the intensity of the face makeup that is applied, blend everything out with a Real Techniques Sponge. This will help the face makeup look more natural and provide a dewy finish.
7. For the eye makeup, I am using the Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Pallete in 05 Earthy Elements to create the look. As a base, I am using the Specialty color (shimmery beige) all over the lid. Then, taking the Contour color (light brown) I use a crease brush to build the color and create some depth in the eyes. Bring the contour shade down to your lower lashline for a seamless look. Using the Lid color (burnt orange), I am going to add more depth into the crease and bring it out to the outer corner of the eye.
8. Taking my Clinique Cream Shaper in Egyptian, I am lining my lower lashline. Using an angled liner brush, I am blending out the eyeliner to smoke it out. Don't go too crazy! We're not achieving a gothic look. This is just to give you a semi-smoky eye.
9. To open up my eyes a little bit more, I am using NYX Wonderpencil for my waterline. This will make your eyes pop!
10. Using my K Pallete Eyeliner, I am lining eyes with no wing.
11. Curl your lashes from the root of the lash to the tip. This will give a very realistic and flattering curl. Finish the lashes with some mascara for extra volume and length. I am using Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara in 01 Jumbo Jet. This mascara instantly adds volume and looks very natural. It is pretty comparable to the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara.
12. I saved the best part for last. Apply the Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in the shade Hibiscus.

Ta Da! We're finished with the makeup. Now, I am going to show you some different hairstyle ideas that will complement this look.


Hair #1:
Tie your hair up in a bun with a defined side part. Leave some strands out of the bun to curl and frame the face. After tying your hair up in a bun, curl the strands outside of the bun. Wrap the curls around the bun and pin them. The messier and more voluminous the bun looks, the better. Have some strands of hair out in the front to frame your face.


Hair #2:
Using a texturizing spray/dry shampoo, spray it all over the hair. This will give a messy beach-wave look. Loosely curl a few strands of hair to add some volume.

For my outfit, I am wearing a plunge champagne maxi dress. It's comfortable and fun to wear. In the album cover, Camila is wearing large gold hoop earrings. To complete the look, I am wearing large gold hoops as well. I don't wear hoops often, but they complement this bold lipstick makeup look really well.

Here are some additional photos from this shoot!



I had to add this. We had too much fun with the fan. It's not an emlifeinstyle post without one silly photo.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. For the first time ever, I provided links to all of the products that I used! If you are looking for the same products I used, all of the products mentioned are linked. My friend and I worked on shooting this look together and it was super fun. Can't wait to rock a hot look like this next summer! More posts coming soon for my Falling in Style series. Stay tuned!

Good Luck,
Em

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top