Glo Up >>>



Hello Beauties!

June has been a very hectic month for me, but I'm back. And I promise I will post more! I took a little break from blogging after I posted the last post because it was a lot to take in. All of my pent-up emotions were poured out online for the world to see. It was uncomfortable for me at first, but I have realized that posting what I felt was the best dose of medicine for me. 

I have been waiting so long for this highlighter to come to my front door. It's the oh-so-famous Mary Loumanizer by The Balm. I was skeptical at first because it didn't look like something I would like to wear. But it was love at first sight. Actually, it's more like love at first swatch. 

The Mary Loumanizer is a sandy shimmery color. For a highlighter, it is quite pigmented. You can probably see the glow from outer space! That is why I like to use it sparingly. A little goes a long way with this amazing product. 

Here is a swatch and close up of the color:



So... How do you get glowy, healthy, beautiful-looking skin? You cheat. With a highlighter. 



BEFORE
No makeup





APPLICATION

Using a light hand, tap the brush into the highlighter and sweep. Concentrate the colors on the high points of your cheekbone, the inner corners of your eyes, the tip of your nose, the browbone, and your cupids bow. Highlighters are used to capture light to accentuate and "highlight" the features of your face. 






AFTER
Highlighter w/ no face makeup















Highlighting should be subtle. It adds liveliness to the skin 

Now you know how to glo up using just a highlighter! I hope this little highlighting session was helpful for you. Until next time!


Good Luck,
Emily

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top