Get Ready With Me: Hoopcoming



Hello! It's been a while.

This post is major fleekage. I was hoping to do another Get Ready With Me for a while now. So far I've been totally enjoying this type of post. This look is so bold and hot af. I'm already on the edge of my seat trying to finish this post. 

So... Unlike all of the other schools where it's homecoming season, my school does hoopcoming. Hoopcoming is for the basketball season since we don't have a football team. I LOVE dances. Mostly for the dressing up part (and the drama too lol jk) ;) So today I'm showing you one of my favorite looks on my blog so far. Let's get started!


Makeup: 
For my makeup, I'm wearing a cut crease. A lot of makeup artists have been using this look and I think it's very sultry and gorgeous. Obviously this is a very bold look so I felt like this matched my dress very well. It's a new take on a smoky eye which I really love. I definitely recommend to test this look out before wearing it to your next dance. It is pretty strong. I have eradicated all of my face makeup so it was mostly focusing on the eyes and the lips. As for the lips, I lined my lips with a dark red lipstick and filled it in with a bright pink lipstick afterwards. It's good to practice shading and shaping your lips to get a fuller and better look. You never know if you are going to get your first kiss tonight so make sure your lips look kissable. ;)



Hair:
I have been very obsessed with hairstyles lately. Especially romantic looks. This year I've decided to avoid the chop even though I love my short hair. This look is a romantic bun which looks super complex but it is soooo easy. I love it so much because it looks super beautiful and elegant. First, I curled my hair with a curling wand. Afterwards, I separated my hair into three sections. I twisted the section in the back of my head into a bun. Then, I pulled the sides of my bun for a very nice full look. Afterwards, I took the sections in the front and started wrapping it around the bun and pinned it with a bobby pin. After pinning and pinning, it will slowly look more complex. Then begin to tug out some strands from your bun. These strands might be a little long and straight from being messed with for so long. So I grab these strands and curled them again. I am so obsessed with this look! 









Outfit:
My dress is quite bold and angular. I love how it hugs very tightly onto my body and flares out at the bottom. The cut outs are absolutely amazing. I think the triangular shapes really compliment my not-so-curvy body by giving an illusion of "fake" curves. Fake curves for the win! This dress also adds a subtle classiness because of the long a-line it has to it. It elongates the body which gives a taller illusion. This is an advantage to take into account when you are short like me. There is also a cut from the knees which exposes the leg. Sexy? I think yes! Let's take a moment to appreciate the embellishments on this dress. Isn't it to die for? I love this dress so much if you can't tell by now.




Accessories:
I'm wearing these beautifully embellished silver high heels. They are so gorgeous. I kind of forgot to wear jewelry for these photos, but I would wear some dangly earrings to compliment the hair. To keep my personal belongings, I brought a clutch with me that is embellished with rhinestones. I think it adds a touch of girlyness to this otherwise bold look.

These photos were so much fun to take. I can't wait until I get to sport this look at the actual dance. I hope you guys get some inspiration from this look!

Good Luck, 
Em

This dress bunches up so weirdly so I didn't straighten it out properly like it should be. I apologize in advance if the dress looks slightly deformed lol

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top